Saturday, February 16, 2013

in the studio this week.
hi there bloggers this is what I have been up to this week.



Screen printing. slowly getting better with this the key is the printing medium at the right thickness.
Trial and error story of my life in clay.



Little bisque moulds. Got the idea from one of my favourite site Ceramic Art Daily. You make any shape you want. Put little handles on them. Bisque fire. Cut out another slab any shape . Let it dry slightly not leather hard. Put on thick piece of foam then push you mould into the clay.
End result is this.

 

You can use any shape you like, edges can be even or uneven, decorate how ever you like add feet  or not. I made the moulds from raku clay but you can make from what ever clay you have. Easy peasy.
Will glaze with a clear glaze with colorants added. Will put pics up when glaze fired. Thats it from me so why don't you pop over to http://mudcolony.com.au/ and see what the other potters are up to.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you Rhonda! I've seen that method but haven't tried it - I look forward to seeing the finished pieces :^)

    ReplyDelete